Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Following a recipe fully can be tough at times



Although my dear dear never get to taste this dish, he shopped for the ingredients with me. I needed canned pacific clams and while browsing for the item, we get stock ( needed as well ). The canned pacific clams that we came across, the only brand, was quite expensive ( was more than ten dollars for a can ), making me so confused whether to proceed buying to cook the dish or not to buy and not to cook this dish. Dear dom dom then continue searching and came across cans of pacific clam stock ( something like that ) which was $3.30 per can if I remember correctly. Great! I saved on the stock and pacific clams and get that instead, so much more cheaper.

While cooking this dish then, the stock was more than enough, but not enough to consume the excess on its own as another dish, so I poured everything. In the end, it turned out quite soupy, instead of just gravy. Nevertheless, the dish was delicious, so the recipe book was worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment