Thursday, December 31, 2009

Riders Lodge Part 5

The last day of our Malaysia Trip, I mean, Kulai trip. The itenary was so simple but oh well, we had to eat breakfast at the resort (or hotel) instead of some coffee shops elsewhere. In any case we have booked a taxi with the resort (or hotel) to go IOI mall for some shopping :D. After that, following Mosmos's instructions, there will be a bus stop near the Kulai Hospital to return to Singapore.

Cute Kitten in front of IOI mall captured my attention. IOI mall basically has a number of clothes shops that sell quite attractive clothes, but the clothes cannot fit me :(. The Malaysian ladies are so skinny, plus I put on a lot of weight during my trip. Ah, I bought some souvenirs here for my friends. We have pizza hut as lunch, quite worth it due to the currency exchange. There was Paparoti I think or was it Rotiboy? It has evolved to selling shakes as well. Aww~ but what a pity I am carrying big bags small bags and was feeling super full then. Thus cannot takeaway nor eat the buns and drink the milkshake.

We finished at about noon or one, around there. There were a few taxis outside, but the taxi drivers don't look very friendly so we shall stick to the taking bus plan. First of all have to find the Kulai hospital. In my impression, a hospital will have the red cross sign so should not be so hard to find?

I was terribly wrong. The building did not resemble a hospital. Luckily Dom have GPS (GPS right? Not GPRS hor) that helps to identify that building as a hospital. We have to walk on to see if there was any bus stops. Reaching there, there was like 2 bus stops in opposite directions. I have no idea which direction to take so I asked the locals. The school boy boy also have no idea which bus go to Singapore but he said should be opposite direction. We waited for the traffic lights and during then Dom said "Why not jay walk?" Oh well, in Malaysia, I kinda heard that the traffic lights are mere guidelines, and after I said that, even during red light, a car just sped through.

At the bus stop, I had to enquire with the mama shop auntie. She cannot really speak English well, so we used a bit of sign language. Dom asked how many bus and she replied "Satu". Amazing, one communicated English, one replied Malay still can make sense. Dom have no idea what is satu. Luckily, NPCC last time trained me some malay words. :p

At the bus stop waiting for bus pictures~

原来 There is no direct bus to Singapore. We need to take to Larkin then there will be bus to Singapore.

Ah, on the road to Larkin, I have no idea where to drop, forgotten it should be a terminal (hence the end station). Using Dom's GPS again, made us kan cheong for nothing. It was me who have no idea how it works, thus when it reached 0m left and the bus continuing moving I panicked. The 0m was actually the end of a phase.

Once on the bus to Singapore, I felt so relieved. Yet that was not the end. We had to alight at the Malaysian Customs and was such a long queue. Ok, long queues. We managed to cut our queues in half when a new station opened. While waiting for our turn, I heard someone shouted new station and wanted to follow but Dom pulled me back. The crowd formed a new queue which dispersed after someone said false alarm. Haha, lucky we never change. This process repeated itself for 3 times? When I finally reached the counter, the Customs Officer was like rolling his eyes at the then again happening pattern and laughing at the false alarm. It was after I cleared, that a new station truly opened.

Following that was a series of queuing for bus, boarding bus, alighting and more queueing. Finally reached my home at about 8 plus pm. Truly exhausted, poor Dom still have to make his way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment