Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Riders Lodge Part 2

We reached Riders Lodge after about half an hour ride on the taxi. The place is situated like out of nowhere kind.
Being tired carrying so much stuff around, our check in was smooth and we had welcome drinks - fruit punches. The bed was huge and nice. The only thing which I wasn't used to was the flies. They are almost everywhere, okay, except in the bedroom. At least that was the situation on the first day. We rested for a while since we will be having one (horse-riding) session in the evening on the first day and two sessions tightly packed together on the second day.

Really excited to have close encounters with the horses, I hurried Dom to go with me to the stables to beo and touch the horses. Dom was like "Wait, we can take a nap first then later just go earlier for the session then can take pictures with the horses."

Ok ended up we never take pictures then because of the horse riding I need to use both hands and was scared the camera may damage from any falls. Anyway there was plenty of time, so first session no pictures taken.

The ride was quite exasperating for me because the horse was so unwilling to move, so while seeing the rest move quite smoothly, my ride was having quite a number of hiccups. Towards about the middle of the lesson, the instructor had to ask me to hold a whip next to the horse just to pressurise him to walk. I never really whip the horse or anything. The attitude of the horse did progressed a bit.

After the session ended, I felt I am soaked in sweat, but the horse wasn't any better since I was quite heavy.
We bathed and rested a short while then had to go down for dinner.

Our dinner was quite nice, surprisingly very filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment