Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day @ Desire



Starting off with what my parents have for lunch, the Mother's Day special set at $50++ per pax,
each set consisted of the starter, the soup, the appetizer, the main course, the dessert and the coffee/tea. The starter was bread with butter, which I forgot to take photo of. There was a choice between olive bread and onion bread. My mother was quite funny, thinking the butter was cheese (that was what the rest of us thought so too :p) and tried a small piece, only to realize it was butter. The bread was served hot and the butter melted nicely into the bread.

The soup was some mango and chilli soup which I cannot remember the name and did not have a chance to try, but anyway, my parents liked the dish.

The appetizer was with some cheese, which my younger sister commented, tasting like the cream sauce in spaghetti.

The cod fishes in their sets were delectable, with crispy crusts, sweet scents of fish and a tantalizing taste. Both my mom and dad enjoyed very much.

Their desserts were ice cream with some tarts with chocolate inside. My mother noticed some gold powder on the tart.

The coffee in the picture was mine, my mother took tea and my dad took coffee. Since they looked about the same, I shall just put in one photo. The coffee has an aftertaste of almond in my opinion.



My appetizer, followed by my main course, my younger sister's main course and my elder sister's main course.

My appetizer was tuna and avocado. I thought was canned tuna, but it came as sashimi sort, a bit shocked? Nevertheless, the fish tasted soft, no fishy smell and gave a salty and creamy combination with the dressing and avocado.

My main course was cheese ravioli, which the cheese sauce tasted sweet but the smell was just too overpowering. All the while I eating the dish, I was thinking of my dessert :p. As for my sisters, they had chicken roulade and grilled ribeye respectively as shown in the pictures.



The desserts for my sisters and myself. My sisters ordered the same dessert 'banana flambe' and I ordered coffee tiramisu. They said theirs tasted superb. I liked tiramisu and the standard of this tiramisu was still acceptable, even though not the most impressionable one I have tasted. The crusts at the side tasted a bit like kinder brueno in my opinion.

Overall, the service was great and the food, depending on the tastes and what you ordered, most tasted quite nice. I shall end off with "Happy Mother's Day."

No comments:

Post a Comment