Friday, June 27, 2008

Island Creamery ice cream ( ICic )



This is a fresh post. Fresh-out-of-the-oven post, or should be fresh-out-of-the-freezer? Anyway, Jiahao, Jon and I went to the Island Creamery to eat ice cream today( haha, other than that, Jon prob went there to see chiobu? :p ).

We tried Apple Pie, Burnt Caramel, Nutella, ReversO, Black Forest, Teh Tarik, Horlicks and Khaula Latte flavor as arranged in the order from the pictures. The first two pics were taken halfway when we were eating, hence the amount was visibly reduced.

Anyway, here are my opinions on the ice cream flavors ( taste buds differ in different people ):

Apple Pie: One of favorites, the tint of cinnamon goes well with small chunks of apples and the ice cream was delicious, not too sweet or rich to the extent of causing thirst.

Burnt Caramel: This was not bad but the burnt taste was not present and hence I wonder why the name 'Burnt' Caramel?

Nutella: This I tried before, tasted okay to me, nothing much special and I guessed Jon liked it a lot since he like the spread very much. Jiahao also liked this a lot.

ReversO: This was the first flavor I tried and I really do not find it appealing. It was too chocolatey and rich that I felt very thirsty after eating this ice cream. However, this became Jon's favorite.

Black Forest: To me, the taste seems similar to ReversO with a strong chocolate taste at the start, giving way to a sweet cherry taste. This seems a better choice for me. Being less rich in chocolate taste, hence will not feel that thirsty after eating this ice cream.

Teh Tarik: I loved this. The taste was sweet, full of Teh Tarik, with a slightly sour after taste which was quite nice. It was nice on the throat, rich but not overwhelming and did not cause me to be thirsty. It was like drinking cold Teh Tarik.

Horlicks: The taste was quite powdery and drying on the throat again. If the ice cream was more creamy rather than powdery and perhaps slightly less sweet, it would have been better.

Khaula Latte: The taste was coffee, not exactly Khuala, since Khuala should have gave an alcoholic taste. This was like Rum and Raisin ice cream with the Rum not tasting like how it should be.

Oh, as a sidenote, I have also tried MacFlurry Green tea today as well. It tasted quite good, without any bitterness unlike that I tried at Shokudou.

No comments:

Post a Comment