Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dear dear's birthday mini party

The initial idea was potluck, which was altered to making pizza bread because of the fact that it was meant to be a surprise. If the potluck idea was to go ahead, somebody have to cook enough rice for 9 people which will be tough unless we are going to use Dear dear's rice cooker, which will then let the cat out of the bag with the amount.

At the last minute, there was yet another change; the surprise was no longer there since in order to make Dear dear stay at home on the day itself, I lied to him saying I will be cooking for his family for lunch. They expected one person and well, Dear dear told me that every member of his house will eat when they heard that I will be cooking. That certainly gives pressure, and with Dom's dad, I am not sure if bread will be preferred to rice. Hence, the idea was changed again to Jon cooking 2 dishes and me cooking 2 dishes as well. The mini kebabs were made on my own on the thought of the guys' voracious appetites.

I started cooking first since the dishes were simple, Jon was preparing for his dishes meanwhile. After I were done with my cooking, the fun of photo-taking entered. Here is Jon, presenting his dish of squids in tomatoes and capsicums sauce.

The soup was also prepared by Jon, with the help from Dom's mother. The whole cooking was done in laughter, in success... with a few hiccups such as Dear dear dropping an egg, as well as dropping like 1/6 of the tofu when opening. His actions invited hilarious roars of laughter from the rest of us.
Here is the end result of everybody's hard work, click on the picture to see the large version.

Jon was extremely pleased to know that Dom's house still have a hamster, his favorite animal.
Anyway, the mini party idea came to me when I looked back on my past photos of birthday. The table filled with simple dishes and a cake with candles on seem appealing as well as heart-warming. I also hoped Dear dear can have this experience as well, hence I organized such a mini party.The effects were quite well, especially with my newly acquired Canon IXUS 860 IS to take pictures. :p



Due to me forgetting to bring along "Uno" cards, we had to trouble Dom to find a game for our after-lunch entertainment. We settled with a game of Monopoly, which Dom was the ultimate winner and I was the ultimate loser, since Dom keep buying assets and I keep ending up in jail and landing on other people's properties with hotels.

Anyway, due to the day being Father's Day as well, I had to rush back home to celebrate for my dad and the game was ended.



Sidetrack: Zihan was not being able to come due to miscommunication. Since the budget was calculated with 4 people instead of 3, I ended up not having enough money for transport and Dom has to reimburse me a little.
For a different perspective of the event, one can visit either Jon's entry or Jiahao's entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment