Sunday, September 28, 2008

Backtrack - Hay's dairy



A backtrack entry due to my lethargy, this was a visit to Hay's Diary with my Dear dear.

We took the MRT train to Choa Chu Kang, and took bus to the location. The bus trip was really long, but at least it dropped us near our destination. We had fun feeding Alpine grass to the goats. There was a bit of musky smell in the paddock area, which reminded me of the goat milk I drank when I was young.

The goats were fun to watch and play with. There was one goat which made an "Ahhhh" sound that really resembled a human howling. Another escaped out for a few moments of excitement and fun.



Look at that goat! He was so heavy that each step he took made the ground shake as though the T-Rex escaped from Jurassic Park to the farm. He trotted along the path and greeted other goats as if to announce his smart escape to his fellow friends. However, his joy was short lived and once again, he was back into his pen.



Before we left the place, we bought a bottle of chocolate goat milk to try out. It tasted nothing like what was in the past. The taste was like HL chocolate milk, minus the sweetness, with the sweet aroma of chocolate. It was pleasant but a tad expensive compared to cows' milk in the market.

P.S.: I had my digital camera with me, but I forgot to check the battery level. When I reached there, I took 2 pictures and it displayed critical low level and auto shut down. What a disappointment, but it was my fault. Luckily, I still have a spare hand phone camera, even though the quality was poorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment