Monday, January 28, 2008

My 22nd birthday

Quite saddening, isn't it? In just a wink of eye, I became one year older... getting nearer to the 30s auntie age. Sigh... no matter how tiring is life, or work... there will bound to be happiness somewhere... something to look forward to... yea, my birthday celebration. :D

Alas, that day happened to fall on a Sunday which my F7 lecturer wanted to have class... from 2pm to 7pm +++... >_< "' and hence my celebration was pushed forward to Fri and Sat. My super nice dear dear, after my "constant reminder", bought my mom's present for me which was Baked Alaska log cake from Island creamery @ $28 and carried all the way to my house... :)

My family and dear played mahjong before cutting the cake. Wow... my dear improved a lot on his mahjong skill.

The Baked Alaska is very appropriately named, with the meringue as the top layer resembling the snow, the thick middle layer of ice-cream (super cold) resembling the thick ice beneath the snow and the cake as the land. The sweetness decrease from the meringue to the cake. The hardness increase in the same direction. Well, as for the red berries in between... hmmm... take them as carcasses buried in the ice waiting to be discovered someday.

On Sat, my dear and I went to Serangoon Garden to eat guo tie and kway chup. Our dessert was the infamous Alcoholic Anonymous from ICE³. While waiting for ICE³ to open, I bought a box of mini oranges. The oranges reminded me of a time when I was cooking at my dear's house, while preparing and cooking, my dear peeled these small oranges and put them in my mouth. Very sweet and romantic, though weird picture... :) The box suddenly gave way when we walked out of ICE³ and we ended up picking oranges on the pavement and roadside. A few were squashed and had to be forgo, but majority still went home, so never mind about that incident.

A lesson to learn is that next time when buying heavy loads of fruits, take 2 plastic bags over it to prevent unnecessary loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment